Beginning October 15, 2010, the Office of
Information Technology will upgrade from Microsoft Exchange Webmail
2000 to Outlook Web Access 2007 (OWA). This change will affect
Admin, Faculty and Staff of the University; student
e-mail will not be affected by this
Included in the FAQ's:
How do I access my e-mail from
What are the important items I need to
know about the Exchange2007 Migration?
- There are four important things to know:
- There is a new web address (URL) for Webmail/Outlook Web
The new URL is: http://owa.stjohns.edu
- You must delete all existing “WEBMAIL” BOOKMARKS and recreate
them using the new URL.
- You MUST close and reopen Outlook before the new configuration
settings will take effect.
- There is a new interface. Exchange 2007 offers a new, robust
tool with more features than ever before.
User guides/instructions are available here for your
Will my password be
- No. The migration to Exchange 2007 will not require a password
change or reset.
Will changing my password in OWA change
my University domain logon password?
- Yes, both will change simultaneously.
- (On the PC this will work with Internet Explorer, Firefox and
Chrome. Safari is not supported)
- (Mac users will not be able to change their password this way,
the option will not be offered to them.)
Will I receive e-mails sent to me while
my e-mail is being migrated?
- Yes. All e-mails (internal and external) will be “queued up”
and delivered following the completion of the migration.
Will VPN / Remote Connectivity be
- Remote VPN services will work normally following the migration
to Exchange 2007. No changes to VPN settings will be required
following the migration.
Does Exchange2007 work with my cell
- Yes, Exchange2007 is offered for the iPhone and Blackberry as
well as any browser enabled phone with an Internet plan.
Does Exchange2007 work with my current
Apple e-mail applications?
- Yes, for setup instructions, use the following guides:
What will Migrated Users see if they go
- Users will see the old WEBMAIL Login screen
- If the user logs in to WEBMAIL.stjohns.edu after the mailbox
has been migrated, the user will receive an error. The user will
need to log on to: http://owa.stjohns.edu
How will support be
- The St. John’s University Help Desk will be available to assist
with any post‐migration e-mail‐related issues. Any issues should be
immediately reported to the Help Desk team by calling (718)
View the complete FAQ document.