In June the University celebrated the completion of its Capital Campaign
generating a record $271 million at a gala event in the new Taffner
Field House with more than 300 attendees.
The Ninth Annual
President’s Dinner at the Waldorf=Astoria, attended by 1,200
supporters, raised $2 million.
Nearly 20,000 alumni donated $7,018, 966 to alma mater.
The University received $16,982,345 from 24,043 individual
donors, far surpassing revenue targets.
St. John’s was awarded $10,624,769 in the form of outside
government, foundation and corporate grants including:
- A Fulbright/Hayes award for $56,000 to fund The School of
Education’s Dominican Republic living and learning program for
- An Academic Research Enhancement Award for $245,250 from the
National Institutes of Health to fund antifungal research
- Approximately $1.9 million in awards from corporations and
foundations such as the Pinkerton and Ford Foundations, Merck and
the American Lung Association
- The Forest Research Institute donation of $227,476 to sponsor
the Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program in Clinical
Development and Regulatory Affairs
- An award of $492,000 to the School of Law’s Securities
Arbitration Clinic by the New York State Attorney General’s