The Key elements of Vincentian Discernment:
Imitation of Jesus
- What would Jesus do in this situation?
- How does this decision help me to serve others?
- Does this decision promote my own self-interest?
- Am I willing to look at all the choices before me?
- Am I willing to name and let go of fears?
- Am I willing to set aside my preconceived ideas?
- Am I willing to trust God…to accept a ‘yes’ or ‘no’?
- How is God speaking to me through events / people?
- What do those I trust: family / friends / advisors think?
- After pondering the event in prayer: what is God trying to tell
you through this event?
- Is the decision reasonably clear?
- Is the decision rooted in peace?
- Is the decision just?
copyright Sr. Lorreto Goettemeier, DC