The Multicultural Diversity Committee submitted recommendations
to the President which were incorporated into the Strategic Plan.
These became Priority 10: Commitment to the Value of Diversity.
- Ensure that commitment to diversity permeates all sectors of
- Increase the ethnic/racial representation of faculty,
administrators and staff where appropriate to be more reflective of
our student population.
- Reinforce our commitment to diversity by offering development
and programmatic opportunities that enhance awareness and skills
needed to succeed in a diverse environment.
Ensure that commitment to
diversity permeates all sectors of the University by:
- Ensuring that messages are integrated in internal and external
- Ensuring that student activities, curricula and employee events
relating to diversity topics are easily accessible through a Web
Increase the ethnic/racial representation
of faculty, administrators and staff by:
- Establishing targeted focus and accountability within the
Academic sector, Human Resources department and within each college
and functional unit throughout the University to increase diversity
of the respective populations.
- Developing, implementing and tracking specific recruitment and
retention efforts for each population to support the targets
outlined in the institutional measures section of the plan.
Enhance awareness and skills needed to
succeed in a diverse environment by:
- Reintroducing Diversity Training to faculty, administrators and
- Introducing training for managing a diverse work force.
- Formalizing responsibility and accountability for developing,
implementing and coordinating efforts to foster a diverse and
inclusive living and learning environment for students.
- Allocating resources for University-wide student programming to
enrich the overall life of the student body, consistent with a
similar strategy under priority relating to enhancement of
Percent increase in faculty, administrators and staff