Purpose of the Program
The Faculty Growth Grants are intended to provide support
for faculty members who seek to enhance their teaching skills, to
further integrate technology in the curriculum or to develop
groundbreaking courses. A limited number of grants are
available each year.
- Integration of technology into instruction.
- Exploration of pedagogical principles and their integration
into the curriculum.
- Development pedagogically groundbreaking courses particularly
when they have broad applicability.
Resources made available by the program
(maximum award: $1500.00) to cover:
- Funds for travel and registration for a workshop or course
- Travel funds for attendance at a conference
- Funds for supplies needed for development of teaching
materials; this does not include equipment.
- Eligibility: Full-time faculty who have not received a
growth grant in the past 2 academic years
November 5, 2012
February 11, 2013
April 22, 2013
- Application procedure:
- Two-page abstract submitted to the Director of the Center for
Teaching and Learning (Maura C. Flannery, Bent 281).
Documentation should include (a) details on the program/workshop;
(b) an explanation of how the applicant intends to incorporate
information and skills learned into his or her course or courses;
(c) how the applicant anticipates helping other colleagues to
incorporate technology into their courses; (d) budget (not to
include funds for a faculty member’s time).
- Letters of recommendation from Dean and Department/Division
It is suggested that you contact the CTL before applying so you
can receive information on the application process.
- Report to the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning,
Dean and Department/Division Chair; this report must be filed
within three months.
- Presentation a workshop or in
a publication at St. John’s University.
Goto Information on
Past Growth Projects
The upcoming CTL
Events page provides information on the program we are planning
over the coming months.