Graduates and faculty members will assemble in the line up area,
in their caps and gowns, no later than 5:15
p.m. Once all the graduates have been
assembled, the Academic Deans will line-up graduates
by college/school and in alphabetical order.
It is imperative that all students check in upon their arrival
to ensure their name is read during the ceremony.
The procession will begin promptly at 5:45
p.m. We will assume if a graduate is not in the procession
line by 5:15 p.m., they are absent and their names will not be read
during the ceremony.
Since there will be no rehearsal for the procession, the Deans
will lead you in the procession to your seats.
- Follow line-up instructions.
- Carry your hood on your right arm; wear your cap tassel on the
- Once you have been directed to your row and seat, remain
standing until after the Invocation.
- Stand when your school/college is announced.
- After your name is read and you walk across the stage, return
to your seat and remain standing until the last graduate from your
college returns to his/her seat.