The Responsibilities of the Graduate Assembly / Faculty Council
Representative are -
Two full time Graduate students from every college with a graduate
program (XX total) are elected as the Graduate Students Association
Faculty Council Representatives. They are elected by the students
of their respective colleges, and are responsible for communicating
the concerns of the students that they represent, and working
toward developing solutions with administration and faculty,
addressing these concerns. The Faculty Council Representatives sit
on their respective colleges faculty councils.
While each college is different, In essence the Faculty Councils
are responsible for -
- Formulating the curriculum of thier particular colleges.
- Regulating the admissions, retention and graduation of students
in thier particular colleges
- Other matters traditionally within the purvue of the
The following is a brief and abbreviated summary of the duties
of representatives which is more fully enumerated in the
Constitution of the Graduate Students Association:
- to serve on the Graduate Assembly (which meets approximately
every 45 days)
- to complete a minimum of six hours for the GSA per month.
- to attend Faculty Council Meetings.
- to do one office hour per week.
- to join and work with at least one of the GSA committees by the
4th week of their elected term.