Author Submission and Review
Here are the guidelines for submitting an article to the Review of
Articles in all business fields including law, ethics, and poverty,
which are of current interest to business practitioners and
educators, preferably with practical action-oriented
Submit your paper by email in a Microsoft Word
format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Files in PDF format cannot be accepted.
1. Eighteen pages with double-spaced text is the
maximum length free of charge.
2. Include within these pages all tables or
charts. Please call them Exhibits, and number them
3. Include a list of References at the end of the
article. Do not include references that have not been
mentioned within your article.
4. Two or three excess pages are permitted, but
there will be a $50 charge for each double-spaced page. Make
your check payable to St. John’s University.
Your paper should include:
1. An Executive Summary (length about 1 page); no
Abstract is needed.
2. A clearly stated Objective (research
3. The importance of the topic, and your
contribution to it.
4. A review of recent literature.
Citations and References:
1. Put citations within the text immediately
after you quote or paraphrase someone else’s statement or original
idea. Put the citation inside parentheses, using the standard
format. For example: (Smith, 2008, p. 43). Whenever possible,
include the page number of your reference.
2. Do not cite unnecessary items. Give credit
only to new or significant ideas or material. Too many citations
can make an article difficult to read. If you need to insert
multiple citations within a paragraph, consider making some of them
3. Put an alphabetical list of your
bibliographical References at the end of the article. Include
only references that are used in the text.
4. Please use the following bibliographic
For a Book Reference:
Author’s Name. Year. Title of book in italics. City:
Siegel, James J. 2005. The future for investors. New York: Crown
For an Article Reference:
Author’s Name. Year. Title of article in normal type. Title of
periodical in italics. Date and volume number if
Porterba, John. 2001. Demographic Structure and Asset
Returns. Review of Economics and Statistics 83:
Frequency of Publication:
The Review of Business is published two times per
Review of Business
The Tobin College of Business
St. John’s University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, New York 11439