OGS will assist you with every step of your program. Below
are just a few of many items you can expect our office to
handle. OGS will:
- Provide Public Safety with information about your program to
ensure that your location has been vetted through the State
Department and other experts on local safety.
- Set the program fee, which typically includes accommodations,
meals, local transportation, and site visits. Airfare and
tuition are separate costs.
- Assist with all program logistics.
- Register students.
- Assist with recruitment of students by posting information
about your program on our website, placing ads in the Torch and on
e-boards, scheduling information sessions, and sending limited
e-mail and paper mailings.
- Prepare weekly updates on course enrollments for your
- Offer general pre-departure orientations for students and
pre-departure orientations geared for faculty.
- Arrange, schedule and attend site-specific, pre-departure
- Supply you with a cell phone (where cell phone service is
available) for use abroad, with preprogrammed emergency
- Provide you with emergency contact and medical information for
- Enroll you for medical and emergency evacuation insurance at no