If you are interested in the unique and historic culture of
Japan you should consider taking part in our exchange program with
Sophia University in Tokyo. A multitude of different classes
are offered in English and Japanese to exchange students.
|Full Year Program - March 1 (Begin during Fall semester)||Full Year Program - March 1 (Begin during Fall
|Single Semester Program - September 30 (Spring semester
only)||Single Semester Program - September 30 (Spring
| || |
|Fall Semester (mid Sept - February)||Fall Semester (mid Sept. - February)|
|Spring Semester (March - August)||Spring Semester (March - August)|
- Meet the minimum admission requirements:
- Classes are taught in both
Japanese and English for exchange students but students are
encouraged to have basic Japanese language skills (at least
two semesters taken in a college setting).
- You must complete at least one year of full-time undergraduate
study and must have a minimum 3.00 cumulate index to
- No serious judicial violations.
- Students who will not have reached the age
of 18 by the time of the beginning of their study abroad semester
must secure and provide parental permission.
- Once accepted into an exchange program, you will need to secure
your place in the program. All accepted students are required to
submit a $250 non-refundable exchange program fee and submit the
confirmation form to the Global Studies Office.
- Visit the university website for details on the course
offerings, accomodation options, location, etc. Feel free to make
an appointment with the exchange coordinator at the Office of
Global Studies if you have any questions or need
- Discuss course offerings with your academic dean to ensure that
they will fit into your academic plan and will be accepted
as major/minor/elective credits.