Students who earn their B.S. degree in
Childhood Education and Special Education (Grades 1-6) will be
- Provide responsive instruction to students in grades 1-6
requiring special education.
- Become leaders in the field by observing, training and working
closely with committed professor educators.
- Assess learning experiences and capabilities of diverse
- Apply cutting-edge developmental theories and models to the
- Relate to and communicate with diverse learners.
- Motivate and inspire trust in every student.
- Understand and be able to identify characteristics of learning
- Be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
- Collaborate as part of community and workplace team.
- Manage community education resources.
- Prepare instruction plans that meet the needs of all students
- Teach literacy skills.
- Be adept at using appropriate technology.
- Help special education students acquire technology