Membership in SPS automatically includes a student as a member
of the parent organization, American Institute of Physics. SPS is a
student-driven organization which exists to stimulate interest in
physics and related sciences, provide networking opportunities
with others of similar interests and develop communication
between students and faculty.
A student membership in SPS
1. Subscription to Physics Today, a monthly professional
2. Subscription to the SPS Observer, a quarterly publication
3. Subscription to Journal of Undergraduate Research in Physics,
an online publication
4. Career Placement Service
5. Scholarships, Internships, Research and Travel Grants,
6. Free membership with another AIP society.