The Department of Sociology provides students with the
intellectual background and analytical skills necessary to evaluate
issues confronting society.
Students learn how to:
- Develop a full understanding of the dynamics that underlie
government, cultures and organizations.
- Gain a full knowledge of the theory of sociology from its
beginnings in the mid 19th century to the present.
- Develop strong communications and analytical skills – necessary
for graduate study as well as careers in teaching, industry, human
resources, government etc.
- Gain insight into the origins of interdependent activity and
identify what sustains them.
- Investigate the social and psychological customs and behaviors
associated with various societies and cultures.