It Pays to Join the NYPD Cadet Corps at
St. John’s University
- Receive tuition aid for an affordable private university
- Prepare for a rewarding career in law enforcement
- Earn the prestige of a St. John’s University degree:
B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Homeland &
Corporate Security, or Cyber Security Systems
Are You Cadet Material?
If you are, you have a great opportunity for a rewarding
future. You can attend a leading private university, receive
generous tuition aid and train for a career with America’s premiere
urban police department.
Welcome to the NYPD Cadet Corps at St. John’s University.
Through our partnership with the New York City Police Department,
St. John’s allows transfer students to earn their bachelor’s degree
while preparing for a career with the NYPD.
Qualified students are New York City residents who transfer
to St. John’s. Through tuition aid, Cadets can attend St.
John’s for the same cost as most local public colleges. The program
is geared toward students majoring in Criminal Justice, Legal
Studies, Homeland & Corporate Security, or Cyber Security
What are the Eligibility
- Undergraduate Transfer Students Only
- Be between the ages of 18-33
- Be a resident of NYC
- Be a full-time college student with at least 45 credits and a
- Be free of any felony convictions
- Have U.S. Citizenship within two (2) years of hire and/or
graduation of college--whichever comes first.
If you believe you’re Cadet material, please download,
complete and send us this convenient
For more information, contact St. John’s:
Chair and Professor, St. John's University
Assistant Director and Director of Operations
Police Cadet Corps
235 East 20th Street
New York, NY 10003
(212) NY CADET or (212) 477-9218
Also visit the NYPD Web
site and follow the Police Cadet Corps link. The NYPD is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.