has emerged as one of today’s hottest political issues. That’s why
our alumni are excited to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the
health industry, right in our nation’s capital!
The Pharmacy track of our 32nd Annual Alumni Insider’s View…
U.S. Capital Program, from Wednesday, October 17, through Friday,
October 19, 2012, is an exciting opportunity available to
students in the St. John’s College of Pharmacy and Health
This three-day event will feature the following
- Tour and presentation of Walgreen's Pharmacy of the
- Group sightseeing excursion of famous monuments in Washington,
- A visit to the headquarters of the National Community
Pharmacist’s Association (NCPA) in Alexandria, VA that will be
hosted by the NCPA, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores
(NACDS),and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA). Students
will attend two panels, entitled “Opportunities in Pharmacy
Association Management” and “Opportunities in Healthcare in the
Washington, DC Area”.
- Tour of the APhA’s headquarters followed by a panel discussion
with its leadership.
- Group tour of the U.S. Capitol building.
- Student and Alumni Networking Reception at B. Smith’s
Restaurant in Union Station.
- A visit and lecture at the National Institute of Health
- Tour of MedImmune LLC in Gaithersburg, MD, followed by a panel
about career opportunities within the pharmaceutical
All 5th and 6th year Pharm.D., senior toxicology, senior allied
health professions and graduate students in the College are
eligible to participate. Students will be selected by the Office of
For more information please contact:
Office of Development
Suite B, University Center
Tel (718) 990-1992