has emerged as one of today’s hottest political issues. That’s why
our alumni are excited to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the
health industry, right in our nation’s capital!
The Pharmacy track of our 33rd Annual Alumni Insider’s View…
U.S. Capital Program, from Wednesday, October 16, through Friday,
October 18, 2013, is an exciting opportunity available to
students in the St. John’s College of Pharmacy and Health
This three-day event will feature the following
- A tour of the National Institutes of Health
- Group sightseeing excursion of famous monuments.
- A visit to the National Association of Chain Drug stores for a
series of panels discussing the pharmacy industry and the state of
health care topics include:
- Career opportunities for pharmacists in Washington, DC
- Opportunities for pharmacy students and new graduates in
Washington, DC: rotations fellowships, executive residencies and
- Lunch and Learn, an opportunity to sit down with our panelists
for an open dialogue on the importance of engagement in the
- Community pharmacy residencies: everything you wanted to know
about these programs and more.
- Group tour with the general track of the U.S. Capitol
Student and Alumni Networking Reception at the Phoenix Park
Hotel across from Union Station.
- An in-depth look at the history of the Food and
Drug Administration followed by a panel discussion about the
regulatory challenges in the United States.
- A visit to Medimmune, LLC for a tour of their laboratories and
to learn about how a drug goes from its conception to the
All 5th and 6th year Pharm.D., senior toxicology, senior allied
health professions and graduate students with a 3.0 GPA or higher
in the College are eligible to participate. Students will be
selected by the Office of The Dean.
- All students are required to submit a cover letter with their
- Applications are due Monday, September 23, 2013.
Suite B, University Center
Tel (718) 990-1992