What is Student Government?
Student Government Inc. is the parent organization of all
undergraduate student organizations on campus. S.G.I is also the
channel of communications from students to administration. Meetings
are open to all interested parties where many topics vital to the
future of student activities and organizations at St. John’s are
brought to the floor to be discussed on an open forum and voted on
by the floor of Student Government. S.G.I is comprised of a
president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, three senators
(sophomore, junior, senior), two student representatives from each
class within each school and committee chairs (Academic Affairs,
Budget, Research and Development, School Spirit, Elections, Public
Relations, Organizations Events Review.) To view candidates and
winners of this year's election, click here.
What are the requirements to become a
member of Student Government?
The following are highlights of requirements described more
fully in the constitution of Student Government Inc.:
• Each representative is required to complete a minimum of six
hours for Student Government per month.
• Representatives are required to attend Faculty Council
• Representatives are required to do one office hour per
• Each representative must join and work with at least one of
the Student Government, Inc. committees by the 4th week of their
To be eligible to vote in this year's Student Government, Inc.
Representative Elections, the student must meet the requirement
- Full-Time/Part-Time, Queens campus, Undergraduate student
- Full-Time/Part-Time, Queens campus, Undergraduate students
living in the Manhattan and Staten Island Campus
- Candidate(s) are running and/or contesting for your School
and Level Representative seat
- Wednesday, October 6th D'Angelo Center Foyer and
Marillac Cafe 11am- 5pm
- Thursday, October 7th D'Angelo Center
Foyer and Marillac Cafe 10am- 2pm
- Wednesday, October 6th 12:00 am
until Thursday, October 7th 2:00 pm
Follow the instructions below to vote for our
- When you click to vote, you'll be
asked to enter your Username and Password. (Your Username is
your FULL St. John's Email address [e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org]. Your username is NOT
Your password is your Laptop or Computer Lab USER
LOGIN ID [e.g., jsmith225].
- After entering your Username and Password, click
- Click on the box next to the candidates name to make your
Vote for the position contested in your College; you
can vote up to two (2) candidates per position.
To record your votes, click on the green "Vote" button at the
end of the process.
- To view/print a Confirmation receipt of your ballot, click on
"View Receipt for Elections 2010 Ballot."
- You may sign out at any time by clicking the "Sign Out" tab.
Once you click the green "Vote" button, you cannot sign back
If you don't have access to a computer, please go to the Poll
Voting stations at the designated Time and Location mentioned
above. If you have questions or have any problems logging on,
please contact the Student Government Elections 2010 Representative
by calling (718) 990-5269 from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. Make sure to
have your StormCard ID number available when calling.