The Activity Grant-in-Aid Program was designed to reward
students who have made positive contributions to the University
through student organizations and leadership. Students who have
been appointed or elected to an Executive Board position for the
academic year are eligible to apply for this grant. These students
must be full-time, matriculated undergraduates in good disciplinary
and academic standing (GPA 2.5).
There is an application process to receive an activity
grant-in-aid. This includes an online form, attending an
information session and the submission of a co-curricular
transcript. The process begins each year in April. Once a grant has
been received, students must adhere to the following to maintain
their grant for the year:
- Maintain status as a full-time, matriculated, undergraduate
student in good disciplinary and academic standing (minimum 2.5
grade point average). This will be verified each
- Remain active for the duration of your grant in your executive
- Maintain regular communication with Student Life liaisons to
ensure that you
are fulfilling your duties, attaining your goals, and contributing
to the work of your organization(s).
- Attending ONE (1) LEAD workshop per semester.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of St. John's
University and the Division of Student Affairs.
- Further the mission of St. John's University in your work as a
student leader and ensure that your organization contributes to the
For additional information please contact James Salnave,
Associate Dean for Student Development at 718-990-2708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.