Title: Laptop Support Center Student Worker
Student Requested: Regular
Job ID: S00774-227L
Job Purpose: To assist with the daily responsibilites of
the Laptop Support Center.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus
• Transporting equipment on campus between departments.
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Assist in paperwork for warranty processing;
• Assist Laptop Support Technicians, as directed by supervisor
or Project Manager;
• Duties as assigned by Supervisor or Project Manager
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, swipe
• Strong customer service skills are required, via phone
and in person.
• Computer technical experience preferred, either in
extracurricular time, or during work experience. Strong
understanding of computer functions;
• Study in the computer field is preferred, although not
• Familiarity with basic office equipment
• Good computer skills (Knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Powerpoint, Excel, etc).
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to learn new technical skills
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week (During
Laptop Support Center’s operating hours of 8am – 6pm, Monday thru
• Flexible schedule
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Intercultural proficiency, Student
learning, Computer technical skills
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Light lifting, transporting equipment across campus.
In addition to completing the online student application, students
should send a copy of their resume to email@example.com