Title: Student Worker – Computer Lab
Campus: Staten Island
Student Requested: Regular Student
Job ID: S00774-228
Job Purpose: This is an academic
year position with extra summer hours available. Lab Assistants
will assist with all daily operations of the Da Silva Computer
• Assist with answering telephones,
faxing, filing correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing
envelopes and making copies.
• Assisting students, faculty, staff, and admin in the
computer lab with any PC/MAC issues.
• Greet students and swipe them in before allowing entry into
• Entering Help Desk tickets in our Magic system.
• Classroom support, campus event support, and assist admins
with equipment maintenance.
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, swipe
• Good computer skills (MS Office, Windows OS, Mac OS, Adobe
Suite a plus)
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Work between 18 – 20 hours per week (M-TH 7am-10pm, FRI
7am-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm).
Skill Development Areas:
• Customer Service, Time Management, Multitasking,
Communication, Student learning.
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Moving computer equipment no more than 60lbs
In addition to completing the online student worker
application, candidates must submit their resume to Cathryn
Santopietro at firstname.lastname@example.org