Title: Student Worker
Campus: Staten Island - Office of
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-156
Job Purpose: Student workers in the Office of
Admission are required to assist in general office tasks such as
answering phones and data entry as well as give tours of the campus
to prospective students and their families. The student will
be expected to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic
school year and, if possible, during the summer.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, running
errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and making copies.
• Lead campus tours for prospective students and their
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry.
• Assist in all aspects of events from setup to
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Social Media blogging.
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier,
• Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Word
• Social Media knowledge.
• Pleasant and friendly.
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work Monday through Friday up to 20 hours per
week with some weekends and nights.
Skill Development Areas:
• Customer Service, Time Management, Multitasking,
Communication, Public Speaking, Organization, Event
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Light lifting
Please send a copy of your resume to Letitia Davis,
Office of Admission, Kelleher Center, Room 126 – Fax # (718)
390-4298 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted for this position will not be
considered if the student does not have work study. This
position requires that students have been awarded a work study
grant for the academic school year.