Title: Student Worker
Campus: Off-campus sites in the
• America Reads*America Serves Office is located on
the Queens Campus in Sullivan Hall G-06
Student Requested: College Federal
Job ID: S01969-555
America Reads* America Serves is a program that recruits
undergraduate college students who have been awarded Federal Work
Study funds to either mentor/tutor students in grades Pre-K –12 in
an educational setting or to work in a specialized field of
The first component of our program
involves our tutors/mentors work with students in all
grade levels who need extra help within and beyond the classroom
setting. The second component targets students who prefer
placement in a specialized field that complements their major/minor
at the University. This newly added feature opens a whole new
genre to the program and gives students the freedom to pick and
choose a field that will develop the skills needed to land that
Job Responsibilities: **Varies according to
individual site selected**
● Going to sites such as schools, libraries,
community centers, or non-profit organizations to provide any
assistance required by site supervisors.
● May include homework/subject tutoring, assisting in
classroom duties, office work (filing paperwork, making copies,
faxing, delivering interdepartmental correspondence, etc.).
● Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
● Attend mandatory monthly meetings and AR*AS sponsored
● Be available to work for the academic year
● Work 6-20 hours per week that works for you and your site
● Provide your own transportation to the site.
● Varies by site.
● Full-time Undergraduate student (registered for
at least 12 credits)
● Excellent communication skills
● Responsive to phone calls and emails
● Organized and detail-oriented
● Ability to handle confidential matters and be
● Ability to work well with others and in small group
Skill Development Areas:
● Listening, time management, multitasking,
communication, field-related experience, office skills, and/or
Applications can be found on our website at https://sites.google.com/site/stjaras/.
Be sure to complete the application in full, attach the supplements
as requested, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further
questions, please email email@example.com, call (718)
990-1670, or visit the office in Sullivan Hall G-06 on the Queens
Resumes submitted for this position will not be
considered if the student does not have work study. A work
study grant for the academic school year is required for any
resumes submitted for this position.