Title: Liberty Partnerships Program Tutor
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-910T
Job Purpose: To provide academic support and enrichment
services to High School aged students in the areas of Math,
Science, English and Regents related courses. Academic year and
• Provide tutorial support for project participants in
individual or small group settings.
• Collaborate with project teachers and/or school personnel to
design and implement academic interventions for students.
• Attend tutorial trainings.
• Maintain student daily progress reports; monitor student
• Set an exemplary model of how a student should conduct
themselves in an academic setting.
• Engage young students in arts and crafts, reading, music and
• Participate in project activities (Community Service) and
events with students and offer encouragement in doing so.
• Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
• Computers, smart boards, fax machine, photocopier, cameras
and textbooks provided by LPP.
• Experience working with youth and/or in school
• Ability to inspire and motivate youth.
• Deep rooted passion in serving students and helping them
achieve their goals.
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• Be a champion for community service and actively
participates in projects.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 6–15 hours per week (Saturdays
and some vacation breaks are required)
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Time Management, Leadership, Team-building,
Multitasking, Communication, Service Learning, Community Activism,
Patience, Intercultural proficiency, Student learning,
Unusual Physical Demands:
• There may be minor lifting to transport program materials
and files to and from classrooms.
In addition to completing the online student application,
interested students should forward their resume to Jamie Corrodus
Resumes submitted for this position will not be considered if
the student has not been awarded a work study grant. Students
must have been awarded a work study grant for the academic school