Title: Liberty Partnerships Program Mentor
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-910M
Job Purpose: To provide High School aged students with
guidance and encouragement to persist and succeed in high school
and in life. Academic year and summer.
• Meet/Contact LPP students bi-weekly to track development and
progress in school.
• Provide LPP students with guidance and encouragement to
persist and succeed in high school and life.
• Set an exemplary model of how a student should conduct
themselves in an academic setting.
• Developing a supportive relationship/ partnership that is
based on trust.
• Serve as an advocate for your mentee while building positive
• Serve as the liaison between the Program Counselor and
student(s) when needed.
• Participate in community service projects with students and
offer encouragement in doing so.
• Attend required training sessions.
• Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
• Computers, smart boards, fax machine, photocopier, cameras
and textbooks provided by LPP.
• Experience working with youth and/or in school
• Ability to inspire and motivate youth.
• Deep rooted passion in serving students and helping them
achieve their goals.
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• Be a champion for community service and actively
participates in projects.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Personal commitment.
• Ability to work well with others/Flexible.
• Kindness and patience.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 6–15 hours per week (Saturdays
and some vacation breaks are required).
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Time Management, Leadership, Team-building,
Multitasking, Communication, Service Learning, Community Activism,
Patience, Conflict Resolution, Intercultural proficiency, Student
Unusual Physical Demands:
• There may be minor lifting to transport program materials
and files to and from classrooms.
In addition to completing the online student application,
interested students should forward their resume to Jamie Corrodus
Resumes submitted for this position will not be considered if
the student has not been awarded a work study grant. Students
must have been awarded a work study grant for the academic school