Title: Student Worker
Campus: Staten Island Campus
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-357
Job Purpose: The Resident Life Student Worker position is
a per semester position, reporting directly to the Administrative
Assistant of Residence Life. The primary focus of the position is
to offer excellent customer service to St. John’s University
residents in the Grymes Hill Apartment complex, assist in
maintaining the apartments on the Staten Island Campus as well as
supporting the staff of Residence Life.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Greet students and their guests and swipe them in for
• Assist RA’s with year-end and opening
• Assistant RA’s with apartment maintenance for orientations,
openings and closings
• Participate in Residence Life programs/services and
orientation events as needed
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, swipe
• Familiarity with the office equipment (copier and fax
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word or Excel).
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work 10 hours per week (weekdays, weekends
and night time hours)
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
In addition to completing the online student application, students
should send a copy of your resume to Anne Cordato at firstname.lastname@example.org