Title: Information Desk Attendant
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-205
Job Purpose: The Information Desk is a resource for the
St. John’s community to provide information and other forms of
services. The purpose of an information desk is to trouble
shoot problems or give guidance regarding the university.
The D’Angelo Student Center Information Desk is the hub of
information for the campus community. It is imperative that the
information desk attendant be familiar with the building, its
equipment, policies, programmatic services and day to day schedule
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Master building policies and procedures and enforce as
• Be aware of event schedule and building activity.
• Accurately address inquiries about the D’Angelo Center and
all of their programs and services/activities. Research unfamiliar
information when necessary.
• Assist customers with posting policy forms and maintain
poster displays in D’Angelo Center
• Maintain Lost & Found service.
• Attend mandatory meetings and trainings
• Research unfamiliar information when necessary.
• Periodically check meetings and programs along with routine
checks of the seminar rooms
• Provide back up support to building services, campus
concierge and Operations
• Other duties as assigned
• Telephones and computer
• Effective leadership
• Oral communication skills
• Collaborating with the students, administrators and
• Identifying problems and troubleshooting
• Ability to work well with others.
• Provide customer service
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Lifting moderately heavy equipment
In addition to completing the online student application,
student should send a copy of their resume to the Operations office
Please indicate Information Desk Attendant in the subject
Only students that have been awarded a work study grant
for the academic school year are eligible to apply for this
position. Any resumes submitted for this position, where the
student does not have a work study award, will not be