Title: Student Worker – Sociology and Anthropology
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-545
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to help
maintain efficient daily operations of the Sociology and
Anthropology Dept. by assisting the Secretary in efforts to support
Department Chair, faculty and students as needed throughout the
• Assist with answering telephones, recording messages,
faxing, filing correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing
envelopes and making copies.
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Create and update lists as required.
• Inventory supplies and report to Secretary what needs
• Maintain bulletin boards posting important current
informational materials as needed.
• Build and replenish packets for the department concerning
Open House and Majors Fair materials.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as assigned.
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner.
• Familiarity with office equipment helpful but will train
(computer, fax machine, scanner, Xerox machine, etc.) concerning
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel).
• Excellent communication skills and pleasant demeanor is
• Detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Able to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 12 – 20 hours per week.
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Service, Time Management, Multitasking,
In addition to completing the online student application, students
must send a copy of their resume to Ms. Mary Alison Cunneen at Cunneenm@stjohns.edu.