Title: Student Worker
Campus: Staten Island Campus
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-353
Job Purpose: To assist and support the Director with
daily office operations of Student Health Services.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, hanging flyers and
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry into a Student Health Database (training
provided) and occasionally Excel.
• Make suggestions on how to streamline a process or task that
• Create flyers for Student Health events.
• Set up Facebook event pages for events such as Making
Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, Healthy Heart Month, Blood
Drives, and other Health and Wellness events through Student
• Greet students and guests and swipe them into department
events such as Health Fair.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, swipe
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Basic computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, both
via phone and in-person.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Must be creative and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week (while school
is in session) - hours flexible.
• Ability to work during winter break (flexible hours) - a
• Students are required to work the following events: Breast
Cancer Walk (Sun in Oct.), Family Day (Sat in Nov.), Relay for Life
(Fri. night in April), University Service Day (2 Sat mornings) –
exact dates TBD
Skill Development Areas:
• Develop proficiency/knowledge of New York State
Immunization compliance regulations for Higher Education, as well
as standard health office protocols and procedures.
• Also: Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Intercultural Proficiency, Student
In addition to completing the online student application, students
should send a copy of their resume to Margaret A Tierney, RN at email@example.com .