Title: Student Worker
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job Purpose: The student will assist the Chair Secretaries
answer phones, distribute mail, and make photocopies and
transparencies. Running errands including the posting class
cancellation notices. This position is for the academic
Job ID: S01969-442
Job Responsibilities: List major duties and
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
• Assist with clearing paper jams in photocopy machines.
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Build and review packets for the department.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, swipe
• Familiarity with the office equipment (list equipment you
prefer them to have experience with).
• Good computer skills (list programs your department uses,
for example Microsoft Word or Excel).
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week (indicate if
evenings/weekends/holidays are required).
• Flexible schedule (if required).
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Intercultural proficiency, Student
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Filling up paper drawers.
In addition to completing the online student application, students
should send a copy of their resume to:
Coordinator of Secretarial Services
and Management, Cis/Ds and Law Chair Secretary
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Bent Hall Room 391
Jamaica , NY 11439
Resumes submitted for this position will not be
considered if the student does not have work
study. A work study grant for
the academic school year is required for any resumes
submitted for this position.