Did You Know?
If you are an Oxford member, you have access to Oxford’s Vision
Benefit. There are two ways to utilize the benefit:
All Oxford members, can visit an eyeglass center of their choice,
receive services and purchase eyeglasses and then submit a claim to
Oxford for reimbursement. Oxford will reimburse you as
- Vision Exam – up to a maximum of $50 for one exam every twelve
- Vision Hardware – up to a maximum of $70 for one set every 24
If you have not used the vision benefit described above in the
past 24 months, then you are able to receive a special vision
benefit from General Vision Services (GVS). Oxford has
partnered with GVS to provide a network of eyecare practitioners in
more than 100 locations throughout New York and Connecticut.
All have opticians and independent doctors of optometry on
staff. The GVS optical program provides:
- A complete eye exam, including glaucoma and cataract
- A choice of various frames in assorted styles, sizes and colors
with a retail value up to $150
- Quality plastic lenses (single vision, bifocals, oversize or
- Cosmetic tinting
For more information, please call (718) 990-2363.