The Office of Academic Service-Learning is here to assist you
with all aspects of including AS-L in your course.
To begin the initial planning process, you should decide:
- What course would be most appropriate for including an academic
- How will AS-L help your students to better understand the
course goals and learning objectives?
- What type of service activity will be most appropriate for this
- Will AS-L be optional or required for the students in your
- If AS-L is going to be optional, what will the alternative
assignment be for those choosing not to participate in AS-L? How
will the assignment be equally as involved and rigorous?
- What type of reflection assignment will your students complete?
How will the reflection help to reinforce the learning objectives
of your course?
Please fill out the
Faculty Information Form and send it back to Valerie Kutcher in
Lourdes Hall. We will contact you to set up a meeting to begin
planning your AS-L component. We look forward to working with