University Career Services is committed
to establishing and maintaining successful partnerships with
employers. Policies and procedures from theNational
Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), combined with St. John’s University policies,
assist in upholding standards of professionalism and in providing
structure to the recruitment process.
Policies for Third Party
- Agreement that the agency, organization, or individual is a
third-party recruiter as defined in the
NACE Principles for Third-Party Recruiters.
- Adherence to all NACE principles, specifically those related to
and stated within the Principles for Third-Party Recruiters.
- Third-party recruiters who directly charge candidates being
referred for the position(s) are prohibited from receiving
Access to resumes of St.
John's students and alumni will be limited to posting an
employment opportunity or receiving a resume referral. The
third-party recruiters must agree to the following
- Resumes will be referred only for specific positions and the
title of the position must be indicated at the time of the
- The client name must be disclosed to University Career Services
and the candidate, and University Career Services maintains the
right to verify this information with the known client.
- Under no circumstances can student information be disclosed for
other than recruiting purposes nor can it be sold or provided to
other entities outside of the client for whom the resumes are
Attendance at Job Fairs will be limited to those
hiring for full-time positions within their own organizations at
the discretion of University Career Services.