Glossary of Financial Aid Award
Accepted, Need to sign MPN:
- The student accepted the loan on UIS however, must sign
their Master Promissory Note on www.studentloans.gov
Accepted Sent for Processing:
- The student accepted the loan on UIS and was sent for
- The loan has been approved.
- The award was approved and will be disbursed to student’s
account in accordance with the Financial Aid Program.
- Fund has been approved for disbursement to the student’s
account in accordance with program regulations.
- The student’s TAP application was denied by HESC for various
reasons. Please contact HESC at 1-866-431-4372
Electronic TAP Application was sent to
- New York State Higher Education Service Corporation (HESC) has
sent a TAP application to the student. This application must
be completed and sent to HESC.
- TAP: St. John’s estimates a TAP award for all New York
State residents who file a FAFSA. This estimate is based on
the income information reported on the FAFSA.
- ACG: This estimate is based on your Federal Pell Grant
eligibility. Your award is based on having completed a
rigorous Secondary School Program of Study and on a review of your
final high school transcript.
Grant Agreement Completed:
- The student has signed a Federal Work-study Grant
- A Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized loan was offered. The
student must accept the loan on their UIS account if they want to
apply for it.
- The student’s aid is pending Federal/Institutional
verification. Sign on to your UIS account to download requested
Plus Loan credit Denied:
- The Parent Plus loan credit check was denied by the Federal
Direct Loan Program.
- The Scholarship was cancelled, the student will be